Monday, August 21, 2006

Rain, rain...

Rain, rain go away

Alrighty then.  It was quite obvious to me that my last blog was started with the wrong size font.  It is quite hard to read.  Or maybe it is because I have a huge widescreen monitor that supports resolutions that would blind the sun.  Either way, I will make this one bigger.
I'm in North Carolina right now, coordinating a special event for my company.  I've had to recruit 30 caddies to come to timbuktoo NC to caddie at a grand opening up here.  All was going fine until today one caddie out of the 30 needed did not show up.  Fortunately, I have until tomorrow to get someone else which I have already done.  But it makes me wonder how people can commit to something and then just blow it off like it is nothing?  Don't make sense to me.  Oh well. 
I'm sure that any of your that come here are much more interested to read about Deuce Maverick, Private Eye, so let's see what he is up to.
"You know what I'm up to, dude."
Uh, how would I know that?
"Because I'm your frikin alter ego!"
Oh yeah, that's right.  So I know that right now you're drowning in a wooden coffin and you have a woody because your face is smashed into Liddy Horne's chest.
"It's about time your remembered."
I guess the question that really concerns me about all this is how are you going to get out of that box?
"I'll get to that in due time.  But first, I need to set up how I got here in the first place.  And the problem with that is you."
Me?
"You.  You see everytime I get rolling with the story, you end it like on some cliffhanger or high note or some such nonsense like that.  Why don't you just let me finish the story?"
I have a life outside of this blog you know.
"And my only life is inside it!"
I'm sorry you feel that way Deuce.  I'll try to give you the time you need each time I update this blog.
"I just want to get this story out.  And I know that my one faithful reader out there wants to hear it."
Ok...ok.  So why are we arguing?  We just wasted all this time and you could have been continuing your story?
"You know, if you weren't me, I'd hit you."
Let's just get on with the story, ok?  If I remember right, you were in your office.
"My combination office home.  Which by the way, I need to talk to you about that.  Why the hell did you make it seem as though I don't have enough money to have both a home and a office?"
Because you don't.
....
"Is that something that really has impact on my story?  Couldn't it have just been left out?"
No.  It adds dimension to your character as my alter ego.  It says "here is guy who is working hard but not really making it."  It says something about who you are and where you are going.
"I don't like it."
Why?
"It's not helping me land chicks.  Chicks want stability, not some guy that can barely make ends meet."
You may not realize this yet, but you are really quite a stable guy.  You have good credit, you finish almost every job you begin, and you would never leave someone you truly love.
"Can't you just write in a nice, hot girl that sees all that in me?"
She's on the way.
"Really?"
Just hang in there, ok? 
"And she's hot?!?!"
Now, I believe at the end of the last blog, it was raining....

No comments: